Feb 10, 2020
Keeping fish aquariums at home can be interesting with those colorful and amazing fins they possess. Keeping fish tanks not only increases the beauty of the interiors but also portrays your interest in aquatic animals or animal son general. It is crucial that you know the proper steps to feed the fishes and clean the tank. The healthy lifestyle of these creatures depends on you and your techniques of caressing them. The article will focus on choosing the best betta fish tank and more about the betta fishes. Every fish has a different structure and origin. Some fish come from shallow streams whereas some live in freshwaters. Whatever be the adaptations, you can always keep these creatures in a fish tank. Below is a complete list of the betta fish origin and the steps to keep it in your home.
More about a betta fish
- It is a colorful fish with amazing fins that can increase the beauty of your home when kept in a tank. But, whether the fish tank provides a healthy culture for these fishes is an important thing to know.
- The origin of betta fish was in south-east Asia. Back then it made it living in the drainage, stagnant waters and hence adaptable to breathe even in oxygen-deficient water.
- Even if you keep it out of the water it will survive for a short period of time. Some fishes similar to betta fishes known as labyrinth fishes can also survive outside water for some time.
- An aquarium, with a minimum of two gallons of water, is best suited for betta fishes. The ideal temperature for these fishes is 78-80 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Betta fishes feed on the water surface on some dried worms or brine shrimp. The food of betta fishes needs protein and fiber-rich.
Choosing an ideal tank
- The first and important thing is the size of the tank. It should be more than two gallons and ideally five gallons of a water tank. This will ensure that the proper nitrogen cycle is generated within the tank.
- To reduce the number of bacteria in the tank, you need to use a filter. This will keep the tank clean and is one of the important factors in choosing the best betta fish tank. A light and gentle filter are essential for the betta fishes to swim since their long feathers might prevent them from swimming in strong currents.
- Choose a filter that has an adjustable water flow settings. A heater is also needed since the ideal temperature is 78 degrees Fahrenheit. Failing this betta fishes might age up faster and be susceptible to diseases.
Collect the gravels for your tank
- Since betta fishes love swimming, gravels will add to the beauty of the scene. You must ensure that the bettas do not hurt themselves and hence smooth gravels are important.
- Buy gravels made from small rock pieces so that the bettas do not get stuck in between them. The gravels can also be thought of as a means of decorating the fish tank.
- Ecologically, these gravels are helpful as the bacteria grow on its surface. This in turns prevents the waste from accumulating on the gravels.
- The best betta fish tank also looks beautiful with plants in it. You can add caves in your tank so that bettas swim through it.
- Try choosing live plants for the tank as they will help to keep the water clean and will also add up to the beauty. Try not to use too much decoration as it might tear up betta fins which are delicate.
The tank setting procedure
Following is a step by step guide on how you can set up the betta tank precisely.
- Clean the tank with water and no chemicals like soap. Choose the correct place to keep the tank. Mostly window side is ideal but not much closer to sunlight.
- The surface on which you place the tank should be stable and sturdy. The wall and the aquarium should have a minimum of 5 inches gap for proper filtration.
- Put filters and make sure you turn them only when the tank I filled with water. Try watching a tutorial video on installing filters properly.
- Wash the gravels with clear water and place them at the bottom of the tank. Also, put a plate at the top of gravels to prevent them from floating.
- Fill the tank and then turn on the heater. The water circulation should be smooth and gentle. Place a thermometer to check if the water has achieved the desired temperature.
It is equally important that you buy a healthy betta fish. The following are some points to consider while buying one.
- The body of the fish should be bright.
- It should have fresh and healthy fins.
- No abnormalities like missing fins or other parts.
- No dots like symptoms on the body.
Introduce fish to its tank
Once you have the best betta fish tank, it is time that you introduce it to the tank. Betta fishes can be amazing pets for your home. So you ought to treat them nicely. When you buy, they come in a bag of water that has the desired temperature. So you need to be patient while pouring them in the water. Feeding them once or twice in a day is crucial. Prevent overfeeding them. The water must be changed twice a week. To ensure a healthy environment within the tank, check the ph level, ammonia content, nitrate level and more. Doing this every week is a must if you have a filter installed in the tank.
So if you want to adopt bettas as your pet then you must follow the above points. Keeping a pet and ensuring their good health is an important thing. So if you do not know much about them, try considering a guide. Also, setting up the tank needs precision. So, read the guide about installing filters, heaters and decorating the tank.so buy one today and decorate your home with bettas.